[openal] RES: openal Digest, Vol 7, Issue 3

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 00:13:54 EDT 2014

On 07/21/2014 05:54 PM, William Wolff wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> This is great!
> I will check it out.
> Doing a fast check in OpenALSoft website,  i see there we still need
> have the implementation of the driver on the target platform.
> You know if it´s possible have access to the sources of the OpenAL
> Driver itself?

OpenAL Soft's sources are available here:

http://repo.or.cz/w/openal-soft.git

It already has backend drivers for Windows (mmdevapi, dsound, winmm),
OSX (coreaudio), Linux (pulseaudio, alsa, oss), Android (opensl), *BSD
(oss, soundio), QNX (qsa), and Solaris. It also has a loopback device
extension that allows apps to handle sound output manually with OpenAL
Soft doing the rendering/mixing.