[openal] Movement by repositioning only?

Tristan Chaplin tristan.chaplin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 22:45:16 EST 2014

Hi,

This is probably a silly question, but can I just confirm that the way
sources (or the listener) move in openAL is only by repositioning them? I
originally that that if you set a velocity and direction the sources move
continuously by themselves, but it seems you need a loop to reposition
them, and the velocity and direction are just used for doppler etc effects.
Is that correct? It's not a problem for me but I thought I should check
that I understand the way it works.

Thanks,
Tristan