[openal] FFmpeg + OpenAL - playback streaming sound from video won't work

Jan Drabner jan at jdrabner.eu
Tue Jan 28 05:12:58 EST 2014

I made some progress by setting the OpenAL format to
AL_FORMAT_STEREO_FLOAT32 instead of STEREO16. Makes sense, as the
decoded frames are in FLTP format.
Also, I went back to not use swr_convert. It simply won't work and only
crashes without any indication why. And FLTP seems to be the correct
format already when openAL uses STEREO_FLOAT32.

At least now, the sound is played at the correct speed.
However, it is still very high pitched, so something is still very much
broken.