[openal] Only effects reverb and echo works in openal-soft

十客青春、 351092161 at qq.com
Tue Mar 18 10:09:54 EDT 2014

很抱歉,对于你的这个问题,我可能不能帮助你,我也是在进行aegisub的开发,但是我只是一个学生,把这个软件拿来做练习,你说的那些很高级的程序细节开发,我真的不懂,你说的这个页面特效问题,真的是挺难了,我自己也不会,我想你肯定也问了很多人怎么解决这个问题,希望你已经得到你想要的答案,祝你愉快!

From:  "Tobias Widlund";<widlundtobias at gmail.com>;
Date:  Tue, Mar 18, 2014 07:57 PM
To:  "openal"<openal at openal.org>;

Subject:  [openal] Only effects reverb and echo works in openal-soft

Hello!

I am trying to use effects from the EFX extension in OpenAL soft. However only reverb and echo seem to work whilst distortion and chorus doesn't. I try to enable the effect type for an effect object like so:

alEffecti(mEffectId, AL_EFFECT_TYPE, AL_EFFECT_CHORUS);

Where if I replace it with this, it works:
alEffecti(mEffectId, AL_EFFECT_TYPE, AL_EFFECT_REVERB);

The error given directly after the line is an AL_INVALID_VALUE error which indicates that chorus is not a valid effect. I noticed that in the past there was a point when distortion and chorus were not available effects but reverb and echo was, so i double checked my version. I am using OpenAL soft 1.15 and i even tried compiling the latest git version which changed nothing.

Looking in the git logs of the openal-soft repo that I cloned, I can see messages stating that chorus was added and I even checked in the source code and the implementation is there.

 Does anyone have any ideas on why I am not able to use the chorus/distortion effects?

Thanks,
Tobias.