[openal] Questioning about linking to OS X 10.4 SDK

Lubo Diakov lubodiakov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:48:29 EST 2014

Hello, I've compiled openal-soft version 1.15.1 (both from the
MacPorts package and from source tarball) on OS X 10.5, using the 10.5
SDK. However, I'd liike to link it to the 10.4u SDK and I can't do
that.

It links to a symbol not in the 10.4u SDK (more specifically, the
symbol _OSAtomicCompareAndSwapPtrBarrier is in the 10.5 SDK, and there
is corresponding symbol in the 10.4u SDK, but they have to be called
in a slightly different way from the code.

Here are two URLs where the same problem was fixed within other
projects like MySQL:

http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/PATCH-Fix-quot-Symbol-not-found-OSAtomicCompareAndSwapPtrBarrier-quot-on-Mac-OS-X-10-4-Tiger-td63847.html

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-dupes/blob/master/tcl-tk.rb
scroll down to line 123 or so

I'm not a programmer, but it seems the fix would be quick for someone
who is, especially if they also are familiar with openal-soft, since
the patches above should help refactor the code.
--
Любомир Гаврилов Дяков
емайл:
lubodiakov at gmail.com