[openal] buffer questions

Victorious dtvictorious at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:20:30 EDT 2015

Hi,

If a file is loaded into a buffer, is it safe for multiple sources to reuse
this buffer to play the same file? Each source may have different positions,
volumes, and start/pause/stop playback at different times.

How much data is there in each buffer object? I'm assuming that if you load
a file into it, it contains the uncompressed contents of the whole file, in
which case, how do I calculate the size in bytes of a .ogg after its been
decoded into a form openal-soft can work with? In the case of streaming with
Alure, what is the size set for each buffer?