[openal] Website is alive again...

OKUMURA Yuki mjt at cltn.org
Sun Jul 26 14:45:23 EDT 2015

- snip -
> Yeah, we took the (ancient!) list from the Wayback Machine, and it
> definitely needs updating. OpenAL-Soft not being on there is flatly
> criminal, I'll fix that now.

Now we can see OpenAL-Soft in the "Links" section. How about other 2
which are mentioned in the Wikipedia article(Rapture3D and AeonWave)?

> This isn't my area of expertise. Is this really not useful at all any more?

Aside historical interests:

- Creative still bundles their OpenAL stack with SoundBlaster
products. So these can be used as a SDK for it.

- CMedia's GX(Bundled with ASUS cards such as XONAR U3) can enable
DirectSound3D on Win7 or later.
  Since Creative OpenAL includes DirectSound3D wrapper as "Generic
Hardware" backend,
  we can use CMedia spatializer or EFX implementation through OpenAL API.
http://storage.osdev.info/pub/idmjt/diaryimage/1503/neta150314l1.png