[openal] Compiling OpenAL (ex- OpenAL bug that freezes Blender)

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 08:00:33 EDT 2015

I compiled OpenAL by doing:

git clone git://repo.or.cz/openal-soft.git
cd openal-soft/build
cmake ..
make
sudo make install

I think I did it right. Then, I do "openal-info" and I get:

OpenAL vendor string: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer string: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL version string: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.14

Is it right? Why does it say "1.14". In Synaptics I see libopenal1,
libopenal-data and libopenal-dev, all in version 1:1.14-4ubuntu1
(supposedly, the one that comes with Ubuntu). But by doing "ls
/usr/local/lib/libopen*, I get:

/usr/local/lib/libopenal.so
/usr/local/lib/libopenal.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libopenal.so.1.16.0

I don't understand... is it installed or not?

El 24/06/15 a las 10:08, Mario Mey escibiĆ³: