[openal] Alure problem with vs2013

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Mon May 18 08:22:02 EDT 2015

On 05/18/2015 12:02 AM, developer at oldunreal.com wrote:
> Although I am sort of impressed again and again by libsndfile and what
> they can handle, I'm no big fan of  "lib in a lib in a lib" deps-

That's understandable. It's yet another lib that needs to be provided,
along with the actual decoder libs.

I've said it before, but I really wish Linux had something akin to
DirectShow. A reasonably guaranteed-to-exist component that kept track
of available system codecs and provided access to them through a
standardized interface. As nice as GStreamer can be (functionally
speaking), it's not that ubiquitous that it can be relied on for
decoding. And using it requires explicitly linking to it (which pulls in
glib and some other dependencies), so it can't even be used on an
if-found basis.