[openal] Alure problem with vs2013

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Mon May 25 12:37:08 EDT 2015

On 05/25/2015 06:27 AM, developer at oldunreal.com wrote:
> Yet another report about this issue.
>
> I made an entirely new build based on VS2008 now, to verify my
> experiences with VS2013. Unfortunately I can't use the dynload option
> for VS2008 since its not having decltype and is failing with missing
> typeof definition then (no clue how to get around this right now).

There's probably some template trickery you could do, but I don't much
see the point since dynload is a bad idea anyway. It just causes some
codecs to silently not work at run-time if the library doesn't load for
some reason.

> Either way, in both cases mpg123 does not work without DYNLOAD option.

That's rather interesting. mpg123 is the one codec that gave me quite a
bit of trouble to work with dynload, since I couldn't use a number of
its normal functions. What problems do you have without dynload?

> On 17.05.2015 01:05, Chris Robinson wrote:
>>
>> As of right now, it supports libmpg123 and libsndfile (which supports
>> vorbis, flac, and some other formats). It also allows you to specify
>> your own decoders if you want to use something else.

FWIW, it now also uses libvorbisfile and libFLAC directly, without the
need for libsndfile. It also has its own wave file handler for formats
that OpenAL can take directly, and which will read smpl chunks for loop
points to automatically set them on buffers using AL_SOFT_loop_points. I
haven't yet looked into how vorbis and flac files specify loop points,
if they do at all, so only wave files have automatic support for loop
points... though they can still be specified manually if the extension
is supported.