[openal] openAL and game engines

developer at oldunreal.com developer at oldunreal.com
Thu Nov 12 09:12:36 EST 2015

As for Unreal Engine, yes, it's in use for UEngine1 in Unreal and for
other games. It's called ALAudio and is a community made renderer.
Details you can find in the forums of www.oldunreal.com
For these C++ headers are available, so developing is possible.
Later UEngine 2 and 3 games also use OpenAL, but for those there are no
headers or sources available, so developing for these is close to
impossible.
Another story is UEngine4 again, which can be accessed for free, but if
I recall correctly they only use OpenAL in Linux yet (forgive me if I'm
wrong, I didn't have the time to have a real look into UEngine4 yet).

~Smirftsch