[openal] OpenAL fails with OSS on FreeBSD

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Thu Dec 1 23:05:43 EST 2016

On 12/01/2016 19:25, Chris Robinson wrote:

> I think there might be a bug. It's taking a QString, converting it to
> a UTF-8 QByteArray, and then using constData() to get a C-style
> string. I don't believe that's guaranteed to be null-terminated
> though, so if not it can have junk characters after the name and won't
> be recognized.

I think there is a bug in qTox: the result of deviceName.toUtf8() is
temporary, and disappears by the time of the call to alcOpenDevice.

tmpDevName should be dissolved, and expression brought into
alcOpenDevice argument:

alOutDev =
alcOpenDevice(deviceName.isEmpty()?nullptr:deviceName.toUtf8().constData());

I will verify this.

Yuri