[openal] Properly configuring OpenAL Soft

Matthew Swartz matthew.w.swartz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 09:38:22 EDT 2016

Hi, I'm new to OpenAL Soft and wish to get the most out of it.

In the game this is being used in, we use 48khz by default but want to
support up to 96khz.

I noticed in the OpenAL Soft config utility that it only goes up to a max
of 48khz, so I was wondering why that is.

Also, it's important that we can switch between 48khz to 96khz based on
what sound is played, as an example some of the gunshots are in 48khz while
others are in 96.

>From the little I've read it seems like I'd want to configure one of the
backends included in order to do this.

Would PulseAudio be a good choice if I'm on Windows?

Thanks for your time.
-Matt