[openal] Minor update for 1.18.1 binaries

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 15:34:10 EDT 2017

Just making a note for anyone interested, I just updated the prebuilt
binary package for 1.18.1
<http://openal-soft.org/openal-binaries/openal-soft-1.18.1-bin.zip>.
There is nothing new and nothing removed, and there is no functional
difference. Everything is even the same build, I simply ran strip on the
DLLs and executables to remove errant debug info and reduce the file
sizes (something I thought cmake automatically did for Release builds,
but I guess not). As a result, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of
soft_oal.dll are about 60% of their original size, and the entire
archive has shaved a few MB off.

If the size never bothered you, there's nothing to concern yourself
with. But if you noticed the archive being updated, that's why.