[openal] OpenAL Soft 1.19.1 released!

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:17:29 EDT 2018

OpenAL Soft 1.19.1 is now available:

http://openal-soft.org/

A relatively small but notable release, this implements capture support
for the SoundIO backend, fixes capture for Android/OpenSL, fixes
playback of buffer queues that use different-sized buffers, fixes
potential errant failures that could occur when trying to generate
auxiliary slots, fixes a potential crash with the reverb effect, and
improves the output limiter to better limit the maximum output sample
amplitude.

Be aware that the kcat.strangesoft.net URL is currently down. It should
hopefully be back up in a day or two, but the openal-soft.org URL works
fine.

For the time being, I'll keep an eye out to see if any significant
issues turn up with this release. As long as nothing major appears, I
may get started on the plan to split the library into a lower level core
audio renderer, with OpenAL Soft being an interface that sits on top.
I'm still not entirely sure of all the detauls, but experimentation and
feedback will see it forward.

Separate from that, I also have plans to continue working on the
experimental event/callback extension and buffer mapping extension,
which would be nice to have done for the next release.

In any case, comments and feedback are welcome. Thanks!