[openal] OpenAL Soft 1.19.0 released!

Ian Reed support at blindaudiogames.com
Fri Sep 7 11:51:11 EDT 2018

Pretty awesome! Thanks for your hard work on this.

I see you added pitch and frequency shifting for EFX.
Will that shift pitch for the direct sound, or only reverb?
I can adjust the pitch of a source without EFX, but that just alters the
frequency without preserving the duration.
Does the new pitch shifting effect retain the original duration of the
sound?

With your discerning ear, how does the 24-bit dual-ear HRTF data set
compare with the data set OpenAL Soft used in the past?
Any thoughts on how it compares with the HRTF in Google Resonance,
Oculus, or SteamAudio?
What does "dual-ear" mean in this context?

Downloading the Windows binaries, I see that there are 3 HRTF def files,
with CIAIR.def being the largest.
Which is best to use, and where do I need to place the file?
Or are the best HRTF data sets built in to the OpenAL Soft dll?
openal-info32.exe seemed to indicate them being built in.

When I run openal-info32.exe I see:
Max auxiliary sends: 2
Didn't that used to be 4?

Creating a lower level API sounds nice.
It doesn't matter to me if the API or ABI is stable since I package it
with games I ship and don't mind updating a bit of my own code when
upgrading.
If you moved away from LGPL, what license would you use?

Thanks again,
Ian Reed