[openal] Can I set the HRTF PATH by any method other than alsoft.ini?

Sean s.tolstoyevski at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 15:30:23 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I know that OpenAL can be configured with the alsoft.ini file.
But for this, the user must copy the HRTF files to the appropriate
paths. I don't think every user can mess with this. And in some
projects, I want to package HRTF files with the project.

Is there a solution to introduce the PATH of HRTF files to Openal-Soft
without using the  alsoft.ini file in Openal-Soft?

Austin Hicks had a project called **camlorn_audio**. I saw that this can
be done in that project. I wanted to see how it did, but the codes for
the project are nowhere. Old links are dead.

Thank you. I wish you a healthy life.

    Sean

  * Email: seantolstoyevski at protonmail.com
    <mailto:seantolstoyevski at protonmail.com>
  * GitHub: SeanTolstoyevski <https://github.com/SeanTolstoyevski/>

👨‍🦯 I’m programmer. I coding often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.