[openal] Building openal-soft for 32bit on Centos 07 arch 64

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 12:35:23 EDT 2020

No idea how to best do this on centos.
The problem is you not only have to pass -m32 to the compiler, but also
need 32bit development libs of openal's dependencies (like libasound and
libpulse) to link against.
Maybe centos allows installing 32bit dev-packages of libs on 64bit
system, maybe not, no idea (I use debian-based distros and last time I
checked it does not work there without also building the dependency libs
yourself).

What definitely should work is setting up a 32bit chroot to build in.

Cheers,
Daniel