[openal] About update documentation and contents about OpenAL

Manolo magusti at disca.upv.es
Sat Aug 14 19:42:32 EDT 2021

Hello, there.

Far away from the time when the SDK and other materials related to
OpenAL where hosted on Creative's web site (something like
<http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/default.aspx>), we can see
(since 2018) a new web content that says "Open API Remember EAX and A3D?
Forget them. OpenAL is vendor neutral." hosted on icculus.org
<https://icculus.org>.

 Please, somebody can explain the present state of the standard: it's
license and plans for future versions,

 It's difficult to get updated documentation on OpenAL out of this
developers list and I would suggest to talk about the future and the web
contents from OpenAL.org. Can somebody put some light on other related
questions as:

  * It is ALUT a part of the standard?

  * Can we get update contents on the official web pages about OpenAL?
Can we colaborate on create/upload examples of use?

  * Can we expect some comparission with alternatives as FMOD,
OpenML/OpenSL from Khronos, etc.?

  * Why there is not a link to the work from Chris on "OpenAL Soft" and
"freealut" (from vancegroup)? It's just the default instalation from
linux platfoms and near also from macOS.

  Cheers and good health
 --
  Manolo

PD. Icculus got the "OpenAL Extension Registry". Where did it go?