[openal] My code runs with no errors, but no sound

Jana Cole quikscor at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 1 14:16:36 EST 2022

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some help with some code where I'm getting no errors, but also no sound. It seems to be correct, based on the programmer's guide, but I must be missing something.

I posted the code here, it's 368 lines:  https://pastebin.com/mqCrx2KX

I've tried everything I can think of, checking for errors, checking all return types, putting couts in strategic places, my sound generally works on my laptop, I tried different sound files. The one I'm using plays fine on Windows Media Player. It's 44100Hz, 16-bit stereo. It's one second long.

I'm on Visual Studio, Windows 10.
I'm linking to OpenAL32.lib.

I'd be very grateful for any help or suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jana in San Francisco