[openal] Upcoming OpenAL Soft release

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 22:00:15 EDT 2014

On 08/13/2014 06:27 PM, Alex Szpakowski wrote:
> I have a small bug to report in OpenAL: changing the listener gain
> doesn’t affect the final output volume of any Source that is paused
> at the time of the alListenerf call (using Mac OS X and OpenAL Soft
> 1.15.1.)
> Doing the same thing does work using Apple’s own implementation of
> OpenAL.
>
> Here’s a small test case:
> https://gist.github.com/slime73/6704f90af9011b99967a
>
> I haven’t got the chance to test using the latest Git code yet, so I
> apologize for the noise if this is already fixed. :)

It seems to work here, in the latest git master.

Taking a quick look at 1.15.1's source, it does seem as though
alSourcePlay is neglecting to set the source's NeedsUpdate flag, so it
continues using the old parameters it had from before stopping until
something else triggers an internal update.

The code in master does set the source's NeedsUpdate flag when starting,
so it gets properly updated for any listener changes that may have
happened while it was paused.