[openal] Releasing openal-soft with linux games

Adam Moss c at yotes.com
Sun Jun 8 13:05:09 EDT 2014

Put the openal-soft lib into a dir in your game package, and add that path
to LD_LIBRARY_PATH from your game-launching wrapper script.
At least, that's the traditional way to make sure that game-specific
versions of libs are found first.
You have to build that lib carefully to be as distro-agnostic as possible,
but that's a problem you'll have to have solved for your actual game binary
anyway. :)
--Adam