[openal] Building with MinGW...?

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:55:08 EDT 2014

On 05/29/2014 06:16 PM, Mark Sibly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build the latest openal-soft from git with MinGW 4.8.1, but
> aren't having much luck.
>
> I tried:
>
>> cd build
>> cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" ..
>> mingw32-make all
>
> Which generates a bunch of compiler warnings/errors such as:
>
> D:/openal-soft/include/threads.h:47:52: warning: 'struct timespec' declared
> inside parameter list [enabled by default]
>   int althrd_sleep(const struct timespec *ts, struct timespec *rem);

Are you using mingw32 or mingw-w64? It works for me with mingw-w64, and
mingw32's headers are known for missing things, so if you're using
mingw32 it could be missing the timespec struct.

I can change the check in threads.h to _TIMESPEC_DEFINED, which is what
my mingw-w64 headers define when declaring the timespec struct, though I
don't know if other Windows compilers that have timespec will also set that.