[openal] 1.17.1 point-release incoming

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 18:48:16 EST 2015

Just letting you guys know I intend on doing a quick update for 1.17,
containing a few important fixes. Notably, the ALSA backend's
allow-resampler option was broken (it was inverted, so off was on and on
was off, and consequently had the wrong default), there was a slight
alteration to the naming scheme on Windows (it now uses "OpenAL Soft on
..." instead of "... on OpenAL Soft", which matches at least how
Creative tags its Generic Software and Generic Hardware devices), and
fixes building on FreeBSD. In addition, it will search for all .mhr
files in the CWD and data directories, rather than just
default-<number>.mhr, which should make it easier for apps supplying
their own HRTFs.

If there's any other severe issue present in the 1.17.0 release, please
let me know so I can try to fix it for 1.17.1. Otherwise, I'll probably
be releasing the update sometime this week.

Thanks!