[openal] configuration enhancement suggestion

Matěj Týč matej.tyc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:40:14 EST 2015

Thank you for your fast reply,

On 28.1.2015 14:30, Chris Robinson wrote:
> On 01/28/2015 03:59 AM, Matěj Týč wrote:

> Presuming nothing else is trying to set a specific sample rate, the
> only difference in behavior with specifying it in the config file
> should be that OpenAL Soft won't try to rescale the buffer metrics
> based on the changed rate. That is, it will continue to use the
> default 1024 sample period with 4 periods, instead of increasing it to
> a 1024 sample period with 8 periods to compensate for the samples
> being consumed twice as fast as originally expected.
>
> What exactly was the problem that the config setting fixed?

Huh, I have to confess I don't understand the technical stuff very much.

Anyway, I provide some captured samples:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0lcx7bqQcGuLW1oY1ZWUnRSbGc&usp=sharing
"bad" refers to no configuration value, 44, 48 and 96 refer to the value
of frequency set / 1000.
By examining them in audacity, it seems that the sound is actually
choppy (see the attached "screenshots").
BR,
Matej