[openal] configuration enhancement suggestion

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 04:57:14 EST 2015

On 02/02/2015 01:40 PM, Matěj Týč wrote:
> Huh, I have to confess I don't understand the technical stuff very much.
>
> Anyway, I provide some captured samples:
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0lcx7bqQcGuLW1oY1ZWUnRSbGc&usp=sharing
>
> "bad" refers to no configuration value, 44, 48 and 96 refer to the value
> of frequency set / 1000.
> By examining them in audacity, it seems that the sound is actually
> choppy (see the attached "screenshots").

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm not sure what's going on with it,
other than the Pulse server not sending audio updates appropriately.

Out of curiosity, what version of OpenAL Soft are you using? 1.16,
1.15(.1), or an even earlier version? The Pulse backend has always been
in a kind of flux in how it works with server requests, as I'm not sure
the best way to do it.