[openal] Direct Sound Libs and Qt

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 00:08:06 EST 2015

On 01/01/2015 02:06 PM, William Wolff wrote:
> Yes, i have it. And the most strange thing is becouse i have the
> Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010) installed too (To make possible I
> compile some older aplications I heve here), and cmake find it and
> display it during the creation

Ah, 1.16's source doesn't properly find dsound.lib in the SDK because
it's in the x86/x64 sub-folder. The current source in Git fixes that.
You can copy this into openal-soft's cmake/ folder:
<http://repo.or.cz/w/openal-soft.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/cmake/FindDSound.cmake>
then cmake should find DSound.

> The most important things i´m interested are why it not properly
> find the Host , and why he emit the error: -- Found unsuitable Qt
> version "" from NOTFOUND too , since I use the  Enterprise version of
 > Qt for develop my applications.

I'm not sure about that error. OpenAL Soft uses Qt 4.8, so if you have
5.0, for example, it probably won't find it correctly. The specific
message seems to indicate it didn't find a usable qmake.