[openal] openal on BeagleBone Black

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 20:44:36 EDT 2015

On 06/19/2015 08:39 AM, Vincent Hardy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> openal (current git) does not work on BeagleBone Black. Console output says
> (I hope it can help you) :
>
> $ ALSOFT_LOGLEVEL=3 openal-info

> AL lib: (EE) alsa_reset_playback: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_time_near
> failed: Success
> AL lib: (EE) alsa_reset_playback: snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_time_near
> failed: Success
> AL lib: (EE) alsa_reset_playback: snd_pcm_hw_params(data->pcmHandle, hp)
> failed: Invalid argument

I'm unfortunately not familiar with BeagleBone Black, and these errors
look pretty odd. Is there anything more you can say about why the device
would fail to set the buffer and period times, but still claim "Success"?

If possible, it may help to try updating to 1.16 or the latest Git
version to see if it still occurs.