[openal] Compiling OpenAL (ex- OpenAL bug that freezes Blender)

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 08:52:43 EDT 2015

Chris, let me tell you that I suppossedly compiled, installed and
configured OpenAL in last commit. But Blender still have this freeze. I
suppose that I have to compile Blender with this new OpenAL... it's been
a long time that I don't compile Blender. For the moment, I'm talking
about this with Nexyon (Blender audio developer).

Also, I'm a bit confused... about something that is more a O.S. topic.

I compiled and installed OpenAL in last commit. I did everything and
openal-info says "OpenAL version string: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.16.0". So, I know
it is installed. But...

In Synaptic, I search "openal" and the 3 OpenAL packets (libopenal1,
libopenal-dev and libopenal-data) that I have installed, still say
"1:1.14-4ubuntu1" version. So... did I installed correctly? How do I
know the real version of OpenAL that I have installed and configured in
my system?