[openal] Question About soft_oal.dll vs. OpenAL32.dll

Tommy Scott tscott at magiqueproductions.com
Wed Aug 31 18:13:45 EDT 2016

I just found out about OpenAL Soft recently and it sounds like it can
solve my multiple context problems so I decided to give it a try. I
changed my project to point to the OpenAL Soft Include and libs
directories I rebuilt my project. Compilation and linking went fine, which
is great because that means OpenAL Soft is very compatible with the API of
OpenAL. So far so good. However, when my Unity application tries to access
my plugin that uses OpenAL Soft, it attaches to the OpenAL32.dll instead
of soft_oal.dll. I renamed my OpenAL32.dll and put soft_oal.dll in the
same location, but now it complains that it can't load the dll at all. So,
it's definitely not recognizing the soft_oal.dll. What could I be doing
wrong?

Tommy