[openal] Why ReconstructHrirs in makehrtf?

Christian Hoene christian.hoene at symonics.com
Thu Sep 29 22:08:03 EDT 2016

Hi Chris,

> Unfortunately it doesn't seem to build for me. I've installed the dev
> packages for zlib, curl, hdf5, and netcdf, and cmake correctly finds
> them, but during building I get:
>
> SOFANcFile.h:57:20: fatal error: ncFile.h: No such file or directory
>   #include "ncFile.h"
>                      ^
> compilation terminated.
>
> What else am I missing? I tried also to install libnetcdf-c++4-dev in
> case that was it, but it doesn't want to install on Debian stable (it
> requires a newer libstdc++6 package that breaks all other packages for
> whatever reason).

ncFile is from libnetcd-c++4.

On Ubuntu 14.04, I had to compile and install libnetcdf-c++4 manually (including
the header files) to make it work.

I have not checked the situation on the latest Debian versions, which do contain
a more complete packaging of libnetcdf-c
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/netcdf-cxx

> Also, why curl? It shouldn't require network access.

You are right. I removed it and everything is compiling smoothly.