[openal] Building OpenAL-Soft 1.17.2 on Windows

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 16:43:30 EST 2017

On 01/28/2017 08:45 AM, James Turner wrote:
> I’m trying to build OpenAL-Soft 1.17.2 in standard configuration on
> windows 10 + VS2015. CMake informs me that the DirectSound backend is
> missing because DSound isn’t found, but all googling I have done
> suggests that the DirectX SDk was rolled into the main Windows SDK
> long ago, which I think I have as part of my VS2015 install.

Hi.

Are the dsound headers and import libs present on the system? Where are
dsound.h and dsound.lib for you? If worse comes to worse, you can use
cmake-gui or whatever to manually set the DSOUND_INCLUDE_DIR and
DSOUND_LIBRARY variables to the appropriate values (the path where
dsound.h is, and the full path+filename for dsound.lib, respectively).

Alternatively, you should be able to use the prebuilt binaries:
http://openal-soft.org/openal-binaries/openal-soft-1.17.2-bin.zip
which has OpenAL Soft's headers, import libs, and DLLs already made and
with proper support for the various Windows audio backends.