[openal] Open specific output device on Mac OS X

James Turner zakalawe at mac.com
Wed Apr 11 17:11:40 EDT 2018

> On 11 Apr 2018, at 12:13, James Turner <zakalawe at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I have the code enumerating devices by name in the probe function now - so that’s the first step. The next is to actually select a device by name when opening it, which I guess will be more complex, but still not too bad I think.

If you are brave to the point of crazyness, you can try this:

	https://github.com/zakalawe/openal-soft/commit/349bf7254e1d45b59abf98303a0047dbcd98fefd <https://github.com/zakalawe/openal-soft/commit/349bf7254e1d45b59abf98303a0047dbcd98fefd>

However, I am currently travelling so I can only say that this compiles and *looks* like it’s working; I must wait until Sunday to really test. If you run the above and it wipes your disk, well, CoreAudio is more crazy than we already knew :)

Seriously, it might work, but 80% chance it needs some bugs fixed.

Kind regards,
James