[openal] Listing/accessing specific input channels

violini info at violini.de
Sat Apr 28 03:25:16 EDT 2018

I didn’t have any success trying to access the info printed to stderr, I don’t know how to do this. But I ran the openal-info32 utility though that comes with Openal-Soft, I don’t know if the information that app prints out is relevant to my problem. Thanks again!

C:\>openal-info32
Available playback devices:
AL lib: (II) alc_initconfig: Initializing library v1.18.2-ce607609 v1.18
AL lib: (II) alc_initconfig: Supported backends: mmdevapi, dsound, winmm, null,
wave
AL lib: (II) ReadALConfig: Loading config C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\xxxxxxx
xxxxx\Anwendungsdaten\alsoft.ini...
AL lib: (II) GetProcPath: Got: C:
AL lib: (II) ReadALConfig: Loading config C:\alsoft.ini...
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key disable-cpu-exts not found
AL lib: (II) FillCPUCaps: Detected max CPUID function: 0xd (ext. 0x80000008)
AL lib: (II) FillCPUCaps: Vendor ID: ""
AL lib: (II) FillCPUCaps: Name: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz"
AL lib: (II) FillCPUCaps: Extensions: +SSE +SSE2 +SSE3 +SSE4.1
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key rt-prio not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key resampler not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key trap-al-error not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key trap-alc-error not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key reverb/boost not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key reverb/emulate-eax not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key drivers not found
AL lib: (II) ALCmmdevProxy_messageHandler: Starting message thread
AL lib: (WW) ALCmmdevProxy_messageHandler: Failed to create IMMDeviceEnumerator
instance: 0x80040154
AL lib: (WW) alc_initconfig: Failed to initialize backend "mmdevapi"
AL lib: (II) alc_initconfig: Initialized backend "dsound"
AL lib: (II) alc_initconfig: Added "dsound" for playback
AL lib: (II) alc_initconfig: Added "dsound" for capture
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key excludefx not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key default-reverb not found
AL lib: (II) DSoundEnumDevices: Got device "OpenAL Soft on Steinberg UR44", GUID
 "{BD6DD71A-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20003}"
AL lib: (II) DSoundEnumDevices: Got device "OpenAL Soft on Realtek HD Audio outp
ut", GUID "{BD6DD71A-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20001}"
    OpenAL Soft on Steinberg UR44
    OpenAL Soft on Realtek HD Audio output
Available capture devices:
AL lib: (II) DSoundEnumDevices: Got device "OpenAL Soft on Steinberg UR44", GUID
 "{BD6DD71B-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20003}"
AL lib: (II) DSoundEnumDevices: Got device "OpenAL Soft on Realtek HD Audio Inpu
t", GUID "{BD6DD71B-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20000}"
    OpenAL Soft on Steinberg UR44
    OpenAL Soft on Realtek HD Audio Input
Default playback device: OpenAL Soft on Steinberg UR44
Default capture device: OpenAL Soft on Steinberg UR44
ALC version: 1.1
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key channels not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key sample-type not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key frequency not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key periods not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key period_size not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key sources not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key slots not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key sends not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key ambi-format not found
AL lib: (II) alcOpenDevice: Created device 00EC0050, "OpenAL Soft on Steinberg U
R44"

** Info for device "OpenAL Soft on Steinberg UR44" **
ALC version: 1.1
ALC extensions:
    ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT, ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT, ALC_EXT_CAPTURE,
    ALC_EXT_DEDICATED, ALC_EXT_disconnect, ALC_EXT_EFX,
    ALC_EXT_thread_local_context, ALC_SOFTX_device_clock, ALC_SOFT_HRTF,
    ALC_SOFT_loopback, ALC_SOFT_output_limiter, ALC_SOFT_pause_device
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key hrtf-paths not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key hrtf_tables not found
AL lib: (II) DirectorySearch: Searching C:\*.mhr
AL lib: (II) DirectorySearch: Searching C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\xxxxxxx
xxxxxxx\Anwendungsdaten\openal\hrtf\*.mhr
AL lib: (II) DirectorySearch: Searching C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users
\Anwendungsdaten\openal\hrtf\*.mhr
AL lib: (II) AddBuiltInEntry: Got new file "Built-In 44100hz"
AL lib: (II) AddBuiltInEntry: Adding built-in entry "Built-In 44100hz"
AL lib: (II) AddBuiltInEntry: Got new file "Built-In 48000hz"
AL lib: (II) AddBuiltInEntry: Adding built-in entry "Built-In 48000hz"
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key default-hrtf not found
Available HRTFs:
    Built-In 44100hz
    Built-In 48000hz
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key hrtf not found
AL lib: (II) UpdateDeviceParams: Pre-reset: Stereo, Float, 44100hz, 1024 update
size x3
AL lib: (II) UpdateDeviceParams: Post-reset: Stereo, Signed Short, 44100hz, 1024
 update size x3
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key stereo-mode not found
AL lib: (II) aluInitRenderer: HRTF disabled
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key cf_level not found
AL lib: (II) aluInitRenderer: BS2B disabled
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key stereo-encoding not found
AL lib: (II) aluInitRenderer: UHJ disabled
AL lib: (II) UpdateDeviceParams: Channel config, Dry: 2, FOA: 0, Real: 0
AL lib: (II) UpdateDeviceParams: Allocating 2 channels, 16384 bytes
AL lib: (II) UpdateDeviceParams: Max sources: 256 (255 + 1), effect slots: 64, s
ends: 2
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key dither not found
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key dither-depth not found
AL lib: (II) UpdateDeviceParams: Dithering enabled (16-bit, 32768)
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key output-limiter not found
AL lib: (II) UpdateDeviceParams: Output limiter enabled
AL lib: (II) GetConfigValue: Key volume-adjust not found
AL lib: (II) alcCreateContext: Created context 0003D1B0
OpenAL vendor string: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer string: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL version string: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.18.2
OpenAL extensions:
    AL_EXT_ALAW, AL_EXT_BFORMAT, AL_EXT_DOUBLE, AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE,
    AL_EXT_FLOAT32, AL_EXT_IMA4, AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE, AL_EXT_MCFORMATS,
    AL_EXT_MULAW, AL_EXT_MULAW_BFORMAT, AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS, AL_EXT_OFFSET,
    AL_EXT_source_distance_model, AL_EXT_SOURCE_RADIUS, AL_EXT_STEREO_ANGLES,
    AL_LOKI_quadriphonic, AL_SOFT_block_alignment, AL_SOFT_deferred_updates,
    AL_SOFT_direct_channels, AL_SOFT_gain_clamp_ex, AL_SOFT_loop_points,
    AL_SOFT_MSADPCM, AL_SOFT_source_latency, AL_SOFT_source_length,
    AL_SOFT_source_resampler, AL_SOFT_source_spatialize
Available resamplers:
    Nearest
    Linear *
    4-Point Sinc
    Band-limited Sinc (12/24)
EFX version: 1.0
Max auxiliary sends: 2
Supported filters:
    Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass
Supported effects:
    EAX Reverb, Reverb, Chorus, Distortion, Echo, Flanger, Ring Modulator,
    Compressor, Equalizer, Dedicated Dialog, Dedicated LFE
AL lib: (EE) ALCdsoundPlayback_mixerProc: WaitForSingleObjectEx error: 0x102
AL lib: (II) FreeContext: 0003D1B0
AL lib: (II) FreeContext: Freed unapplied listener update 0003CD70
AL lib: (II) FreeContext: Freed 0 listener property objects
AL lib: (II) FreeDevice: 00EC0050