[openal] Testing for OpenAL Soft 1.19.1

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:38:53 EDT 2018

Hello,

All the major things I've been looking to get in for the point release
are now in. As per usual, I would like to ask for testing and feedback
in preparation for the next release.

The main things to look for this time around are capture support for the
SoundIO backend, fixed capture support for the OpenSL backend, fixed
source buffer queues where buffers have varying sizes (mostly affected
Wine's XAudio implementation, though some native apps tripped over it
also), and a completely redone output limiter (now better ensures the
output doesn't exceed the amplitude threshold, and has cleaner gain
reduction characteristics).

Please feel free to check over these or other issues, and let me know if
there's any remaining problems, concerns, or comments, and I'll attempt
to address them. Presuming nothing significant crops up, I'd expect the
next release in about a week or so.

Thanks!