[openal] Building openal-soft for 32bit on Centos 07 arch 64

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:35:22 EDT 2020

On 17.09.20 19:15, Chris Robinson wrote:

> For Debian itself, it's definitely possible to build 32-bit OpenAL Soft
> on 64-bit, without having to build the dependencies manually or use a
> chroot. You'll need to enable multiarch to be able to install the *i386
> dev packages, but with them installed you just need to add -m32 to the
> compile and link command lines. I don't know the "correct" way to do
> that, but I have this simple toolchain file:
>
> set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
> set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION 1)
> set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR "i686")
> set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ARG1 "-m32")
> set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ARG1 "-m32")
>
> Not sure exactly what specific lines of that are needed, but it works
> here.

Good to know, seems like multiarch on debian has improved since last
time I checked - IIRC back then you could install the 32bit packages of
the "normal" lib itself, but not of -dev, or maybe some -dev packages
still had their libbla.so in /usr/lib/ instead of /usr/lib/$arch/ so you
couldn't install both amd64 and i386 versions at the same time, I forgot
the details..

Seems like RHEL/CentOS also supports multilib, this might help:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23638271/how-to-compile-32-bit-apps-on-64-bit-rhel
(you'll also need to install some more *-devel.i686 packages, for asound
and pulse and possibly other dependencies of openal-soft)