[openal] My code runs with no errors, but no sound

Patrick Baggett baggett.patrick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:30:50 EST 2022

Hi Jana,

I think your problem is that you're immediately deleting stuff after
alSourcePlay().

Specifically here:

     * Play source.
     *--------------*/
    alGetError();
    alSourcePlay(sources[0]);
    if ((error = alGetError()) != AL_NO_ERROR) std::cout << "Error
alSourcePlay()\n";
    else std::cout << "No error playing source.\n";

    /*****************
     * Close down.
     *--------------*/

    alDeleteSources(NUM_SOURCES, sources);
    alDeleteBuffers(NUM_BUFFERS, buffers);
-   /*****************

    if (!alcMakeContextCurrent(nullptr)) // Move currentcy away from the
context I want to close.

Try inserting a pause or use alGetSourcei(... AL_SOURCE_STATE...) to see
when the source has finished playing:

int value = AL_STOPPED;
do {
    sleep(250);
    alGetSourcei(sources[0], AL_SOURCE_STATE, &value);
while(value != AL_STOPPED);

Let me know if that works.

Patrick Baggett