[openal] Attenuation Roll-Off problems (too silent)

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sat May 21 08:21:13 EDT 2022

On Saturday, May 21, 2022 4:55:24 AM PDT Roland Plüss wrote:
> Actually I do not want any automatic gain modification on reverb effects
> since I use a form or auralization which already does such a room model.
> Doing it twice causes problems. What options do I all have to disable to
> make sure OpenAL does not apply any kind of gain modification on filter
> or effects?

Set the source's AL_AUXILIARY_SEND_FILTER_GAIN_AUTO property to false. That
disables any reverb-based distance attenuation for the source. The source's
AL_ROOM_ROLLOFF_FACTOR can still apply distance attenuation on the room path,
but that is 0 by default which effectively disables any distance attenuation.