[openal] hello and question re: alsa devices

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Thu Feb 13 20:12:40 EST 2014

hi, i've subscribed to this list because i can't find any search results
elsewhere that answer my query, namely is openal supposed to recognise alsa
devices defined in my .asoundrc?
openal-info will only list hardware devices and i believe this is why my
freespace2 game won't work because i have a software defined alsa device in my
.asoundrc. obviously you can't comment on the freespace game, but it would
help if i knew whether openal was supposed to work with defined devices.

bascule