[openal] Alure problem with vs2013

developer at oldunreal.com developer at oldunreal.com
Mon May 18 03:02:52 EDT 2015

On 17.05.2015 01:05, Chris Robinson wrote:
> On 05/16/2015 02:34 AM, developer at oldunreal.com wrote:
>> Looking forward to 2.0 but will it support both mpg123 and ogg yet?
>
> As of right now, it supports libmpg123 and libsndfile (which supports
> vorbis, flac, and some other formats). It also allows you to specify
> your own decoders if you want to use something else.
Although I am sort of impressed again and again by libsndfile and what
they can handle, I'm no big fan of  "lib in a lib in a lib" deps-
although I surely see the point in why you are doing that.

>> Tried the workaround with ALURE_API, but it didn't change a thing, with
>> dynamic build at least which worked in older builds for me.  In the
>> moment I'm a bit clueless, but will make some more tests, also with
>> static builds now. If nothing helps with make another attempt with
>> vs2010 to see if it behaves any different.
>
> Oh, another thing you can try is to disable disable dynamic loading
> libs (set the DYNLOAD option to OFF in cmake). That's another thing I
> decided to get rid of since it was more of a pain than anything.

Yes, that was indeed the problem!
Mpg123 did cause my some linker issues at first, but after sorting it
out and adding manually the .lib files to the linker (cmake didn't do
that) it built fine and is now working. Great hint and obviously a good
decision ;)